Re: [pyrnet] GPCA --ILP

You may be right Linda that we are not only talking about HOF
here. Guess I'll do some more homework on the issue. I do not
show in obedience, it's just not for me. I did show in
conformation. I did it because I enjoyed doing it. I've never
been in a position to even come close to having a HOF dog, but,
even if I did, it wouldn't mean all that much to me. (I hope) I
suspect that a lot of competitors compete for the satisfaction of
accomplishing something with their dogs, not because of receiving
"High Honors" or plaques or whatever. Although, there are
probably those out there in the dog world who compete because of
the special awards. Lord knows, I've been accused (by my close
friends) of enjoying losing in the ring! <g> Not necessarily so,
of course, but I've certainly done a lot of it! LOL! Those in
charge of resolving this issue do not have an easy task. In order
to be fair and not give at least the appearance of becoming more
exclusive, they will have to be extremely creative and concise in
their wording. My hat is off to them if they can actually
accomplish this without offending the multitudes.

Barb Bowes
Bo & Chelsea (Pyrs) & Flopsy (Pyr Shep)
bamb@monmouth.com