Re: [pyrnet] GPCA -- and dwarfs

In a message dated 10/1/00 8:52:56 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
lmweisser@olywa.net writes:

<<  Dwarfs are
 not "freaks" or horrors or to be banned and/or banished.  They are what
 they are through a "mistake" of the genes.  They are not anyone's "fault".
 They are not, or should not be, an embarassment to anyone.>>  T

Take any other genetic defect like PL or HD and insert in into the above and
see if you can agree, or are we saying that the standards for handling Dwarfs
should be modified.

<< OTOH, they are *not* just like any other Pyr only smaller.  They
 are not "cute."  Do we see human dwarfs as "cute"??  I sometimes wonder if
 breeders who are so quick to trot dwarfs out into full public view and make
 an issue of them, would be so quick to take into public and "promote" a
 normal size Pyr of their breeding who exhibited serious structual faults or
 bright blue eyes or some other serious deviation from the standard.  I
 suspect that these breeders would be *very* unwilling to have the public
 (and other breeders) see a dog so deviant from the standard. >>

I generally applaud those courageous breeders who sacrificed in some places
their reputations and continue to be attacked for having the courage to "trot
dwarfs out" (sound like descriptive words for a side show?).  They will
generally tell you they did this only for public awareness and education.  It
certainly has focussed many to the issue.

Joe