Re: Re(2): [pyrnet] Senior Dogs

Ann, B.B. had pretty bad HD with accompanying arthritis. It's
been a while but I'm pretty sure she got 1500 mgs. of Glucosamine
every day. This worked for about 2 years. Then, we started adding
in the Chrondroitin. We got the same brand of Glucosamine but
with the Chrondroitin added in already. I can't say for sure but
I think the Chrondroitin was at 250 mgs per capsule so it equaled
out to 500 mgs per day. We used the Now brand. As far as the
Cat's Claw goes, I've just recently heard about it. (David K.
gave me the info) Evidently Cat's Claw is a plant that grows in
South America. My understanding of it is that the Cat's Claw that
is put out by the brand name Enzymatic Therapy is one that grows
in a particular area, and that no one except for that particular
brand has been able to get permission to use it. My favorite
Health Food Store does not carry that brand, so the search is on!
My understanding is that the Cat's Claw by Enzymatic Therapy
works the best. So, according to David's panel of Vet's, it can't
hurt. I think we'll give it a try. Lot's of HF stores around
here, so I'm pretty sure I'll be able to locate it somewhere.

Barb Bowes
Bo & Chelsea (Pyrs) & Flopsy (Pyr Shep)
bamb@monmouth.com