Re: [pyrnet] Rescue Dogs

Peggy, here's a few thoughts on the situation. When Shadow is
there by her side, Noel takes her cues from him. He is the alpha,
the protector. (out of the 2 dogs, that is) If he says it's OK
for you to be right at the door when the people come in, it's OK
because he allowed it. If he is elsewhere (like outside) when
people come to the door, she does not feel that you are safe (she
does not necessarily trust your judgement on what is and is not
safe, only Shadow's) so, she reacts to the threat until you step
away and she can be certain that all is OK. Either way, it seems
that if Shadow thinks that all is well, then that's the way it
is. After all, from the stories you have relayed to us about the
abuse she suffered, it seems she is more likely to trust the
other dog's judgement than the people at the door. (given what
she's been through I can't say I blame her) or it could just be
that her jealousy over Shadow getting all the attention overrides
her nervousness around strangers? LOL!

Barb Bowes
Bo & Chelsea (Pyrs) & Flopsy (Pyr Shep)
bamb@monmouth.com