Re: [pyrnet] a pyr owner wanna be!!!!

<<I have been in love with the Great Pyrenees breed for quite some time, and
have read and read and read everything I could find on these beautiful
creatures.  Now for the first time I have to opportunity to get one.  My
mother offered to buy on for me for Christmas.  So, I am looking for
breeders in Texas(my mothers residency), and in Indiana( my residency).
Anyone that knows breeders in either of these states, please let me know.
>>Brandi

Welcome Brandi :-)

The best place to start your search for a Pyr pup is with the Great Pyrenees
Club of America website: http://clubs.akc.org/gpca/  There is lots of good
info there about buying a Pyr pup and also a contact where you can request a
list of reputable breeders in your region.  On the site you will also find a
list of affiliated clubs.  These clubs are also a fantastic source of
information and advice.

If you haven't seen it already, I would also recommend the book "Great
Pyrenees: Everything about Purchase, Care, Nutrition, Behaviour and
Training" by Joan Hustace Walker.  You can find the book at:
http://www.ourdogbleu.com/

Cheers!

Tracy Bassett
Canberra, Australia