[pyrnet] Sleepless Nights and Changing Weather

Marcia,

     How wonderful to hear about a 13 year old pyr.  My pyr experience is
limited, my boys (pyrs) are only 2 1/2 years old.  So mostly, I repeat what
I have read, rather than what I have learned.  So you can consider the
source when reading the following.

     I have read that older dogs can get old age dementia and confusion.  Or
her behavior change to being destructive might be in response to medication
or in response to feeling pain - perhaps not yet diagnosed pain.

     Jake(alpha pyr), Jeep(pyr) and I live on the Texas Gulf Coast.  They
are house pets, living full-time in air conditioning. We have suffered
through an exceptionally hot, dry summer that started early.  There was no
Spring this year. Finally in September we started getting some relief with a
few days in a row that were cooler and had lower humidity.  This week the
temperature has been colder than an average day in January.  Plus the usual
Texas Gulf Coast Fall rainy season started last Saturday.  On each of these
cool days, Jeep (only) would prefer to live outside day and night. Jake has
kept his regular habits.  What is this about?  Has anyone else on the list
experienced this?

Sandy White
Texas Gulf Coast
swhite2@houston.rr.com