Re: [pyrnet] GPCA

In a message dated 9/30/00 8:21:30 AM Eastern Daylight Time, pyreau@erols.com
writes:

<< There are two people in my
 area who would love to join the GPCA.....there are lots of GPCA members
around
 here, but noone would sponsor them.  Both produce litter after litter of poor
 quality, unhealthy dogs with poor temperament (they have ads in the local
paper
 year-round.) .  They sell them to anyone who has the money and will not take
 back the dogs when the owner doesn't want them anymore.  We see countless
dogs
 in rescue from  these breedings All they care about is the money. >>

Charlotte -- we have the same problems here in South Carolina.  I agree with
you completely when you say you don't want to sponsor them.  For people like
this, the standard, code of ethics, etc, will have little meaning for them.
All they are looking for is to be able to say they're members of GPCA, in
hopes of getting higher prices for their poor quality dogs.

Robyn
dancingpyr@aol.com
Taylors, SC