Re: [pyrnet] GPCA

In a message dated 9/29/00 10:18:35 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
swhite2@houston.rr.com writes:

<< But other
 than that if these clubs are for the good of the breed, why be restrictive
 in the membership? >>

Good question.  However, one thing that has struck me with GPCA membership,
is that you are expected to uphold the Code of Ethics.  I know one woman in
particular that would not be able to uphold any Code of Ethics when it comes
to her breeding and selling practices of Pyrs.  While club membership may be
a way to educate and hopefully change some of the ways people think about
their dogs and what they're doing with them and to them, I don't think it has
much effect on such people.  I know I certainly wouldn't be the one to
recommend this woman as a member.

Robyn
dancingpyr@aol.com
Taylors, SC