Re(2): [pyrnet] Choke chains

pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org writes:
> For this reason, I
>have been walking him using a prong collar.
I have used one for years on Paddington, Katie, for the same reason,
although I haven't had trouble with the links coming apart. I have one
with a snap fastener so I don't have to undo a link to get it on and off.
If they are well fitted, and the pyr has an average coat, there is no way
it can pierce the skin.  I have certainly seen people using them
inappropriately, and in ways that are indeed "cruel"--but then, I've seen
that with every kind of collar, and with none!! We used it not "on the
advice of" a trainer, but under her careful supervision when she was
confident our boy *knew* what was being asked of him--he was about a year
old and just beginning to get strong enough to be a problem when he
decided to engage in his typically-pyr selective listening. We enjoy long
walks now without having to worry about his possibly pulling hard enough
to do me an injury, or to get out of my control.
Ann, Peg, Paddington and Ivy Rose