Re: [pyrnet] dwarfs

I discovered a dwarf today in NZ but not a Pyrenean, an Alaskan Malamute.
The owner/breeder brought photos to show us today (at an Allbreeds Ch  Show,
(Seymor Reserve Best In Show!!!! Yippee).   Anyway this Mal does not have
the deformed legs but is tiny, has dropped ears and was born with spinal
defects.  She is now 2 years of age and seems healthy but the Breeder asked
other Mal people here about the problem and met a wall of silence. No one
knows nothing!!  Never had dwarf Mals before in NZ she was told.  She is not
on the Internet so have offered to print her info I can find and mail it to
her.  We had a fascinating discussion and of course thanks to you all and
the List I was able to be a tad knowledgeable on the subject!!  The Breeder
hopes to be able to bring her to a show for us to see and I saw a couple of
"tough" doggy people with a tear in the eye when they saw the photos of this
little girl.  What a shame the Mal people here have not been more
forthcoming but behind the lines this dwarf is from are USA and Canadian
imports into New Zealand.

Apparently she is a happy little girl and lives a full life.  Many tests
have been carried out on her but the cost of doing more with no knowledge is
very prohibitive for the owner.

Jan.

---
please don't send us any!! Update your virus info please!!!