Re: [pyrnet] Re: Sleepless nights

Hi Marcia what you are describing my male age 4 will do to us,He wants to be outside all night long doing what he does best Woofing ,except when it is raining (He might melt) Because of her age and health I would seek medical advice.Then from there you will know what you can and can,t give safely.It might even be anxiety of some type,where she feels secure as long as you are up with her ,or confusion due to her age and there is medication for both of these situations your vet can tell you more about this and what the pros and cons of these medicines are with her age and medical history.It just goes to prove that not only with us humans but with our animal too the aging process isnt easy.
----- Original Message -----
From: James Bratvold
Sent: Tuesday, October 17, 2000 1:04 AM
To: pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org
Subject: Re: [pyrnet] Re: Sleepless nights

Well, I am afraid we need more ideas.  We found the Rescue Remedy and tried
it last night - again and again and again.  Shelby just paced and panted and
wanted attention the entire night.  She didn't want to be outside in the
rain but as soon as we started to go to bed she started her pacing routine.
As long as we were up and doing things around the house she slept soundly.
But when we went to bed she got "UP".

It's sure hard to get up and go to work when you have been up all night
trying to calm your agitated dog.

Marcia