Re: [pyrnet] Good Solid Fencing

Sandy---I have been working on Sophie till the cows come home (without
her).<grin>  She is pretty good during the day but we have to make sure
she is confined by 6:00pm or any and everythng you do will just drive
her out in the field farther, along with a couple of low woofs to show
just how hard she is patrolling. If she does her disappearing act during
the day depending on how hell-bent she is to find out what's over the
next ridge she may grace you with her presence. Some on the list have
had ideas or sure-fire tricks that work for them but if you have any new
ones let me know.She is the great protector of "Close to the Sky". By
the way does anyone know why she would tip her dish over on the ground
to eat? Thanks--Bonnie&Sophie&Bear

BE HAPPY!!!!!

The book advises good solid fencing, not chaining, and not free range
conditions pyrs.  Recall this book is about choosing a breed that suits you
and your home.

It is not about training or living with one that you already have.

Honestly, if it is a priority, you can train your pyr to come when called.

Sandy White