Re: [pyrnet] Blowing Coat

----- Original Message -----
From: Gunnells, Thea <Thea.Gunnells@espire.net>
To: <pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 25, 2000 11:34 AM
Subject: RE: [pyrnet] Blowing Coat

> Yea, what is this....."blowing their coat?"  Is this a process any
different
> than shedding?  Is this an equivalent to reptiles shedding their skin?
I'm
> getting this impression of my dog, after blowing his coat...looking bald
or
> something - heh heh.

     Imagine your dog losing about 2/3 of his full coat over a period of
about 3 weeks.  Yes he will  temporarily looked plucked, and you will find
white fur everywhere-- in the house, in your car, in your food and blowing
in the wind.  You go to pet him and come up with handfuls of  fluff.  We
save it in paper bags and have it spun into yarn.  Have no fear, it all
grows back in no time at all, but beware-- some dogs do this a couple times
a year.
Nancy