Re: [pyrnet] Adoption of Pyr

In a message dated 10/26/2000 12:28:52 AM Central Daylight Time,
JKW9298@aol.com writes:

<< We are adopting a young female Pyr this weekend.We have two Pyrs
allready,one
 2 yr old female, and one 1 yr old male. I was wondering if anyone has any
 good ideas on how I can introduce them and hopefully be successful. Thanks
 for your help. Julie >>
     I suggest you take all the dogs off your property and let them meet away
from the house.  Even a block away from the house will work.  Let them get to
know each other there and walk back to the house together.
    Then ignore your new girl and pamper your "old" girl and boy. Do not feed
them together.
     There may be some squabbles but I suggest you not interfere unless it
gets real bad they must establish the pack order.
Pam