Re: [pyrnet] Big Dogs and Hotel/Motel Rooms

Last year we stayed at a Holiday Inn in Pennsylvania with our Pyr and our
Leo. I had to fill out a form for the dogs and agree to pay a possible
surcharge of, I think, $25 (it may have been more). However, when the time
came for us to check out, the desk clerk called housekeeping to inspect the
room--and we passed inspection! We did not have to pay the extra fee.

If we had been in a hurry to get on the road, the wait might have been an
inconvenience. But the inspection really didn't take very long, and the
dogs got to sit in the lobby and get petted. So they got lots of attention,
and we saved some money. And they were so well behaved, in addition to
being so conspicuous, that I hope we struck a blow for the rights of big dogs!

--June with Star and Amos (we're so cute, so what if we shed a little?)