Re(2): [pyrnet] company

I think there's a  difference  between acknowledging peoples' real fears
and catering to people who visit our homes and happen not to like our
dogs.  Ive visited friends who have kids or a spouse that I don't like
much, but I'd never suggest they send them elsewhere while I visit, and
I'm afraid I feel the same way about my dogs. I never invite people to
visit without telling them I have pyrs, and our dogs are not in peoples'
faces once they (read Paddington) have been introduced. But it's their
home. On the other hand, I never assume my dogs are welcome in others'
homes until they're invited. And I've spend many a time awhen out walking
working with people who are fearful of dogs themselves, or who have
children who are. I'll never forget the day the activity director at the
nursing home we used to visit asked to have a picture taken holding both
Shelley and Paddington. She'd been terrified of them initially, but wanted
to get over it because she recognized the value for her clients. That
picture is one of my treasured possessions.
Ann, Peg, Paddington and Ivy Rose