Re: [pyrnet] company

Carol, I don't think that anyone implied disrespect towards another
persons fears.  But why should animals be treated that way either?  Just
as I have the right not to allow smoking in or around my home, I also
have the right to let my animals live in comfort, and not hide them away
due to another persons fears.  If the girl was seriously fearful, she
could have left.  On the other hand, people need to control their fears.
My husband is basically afraid of snakes, but he did nothing to pass that
on to our children.  He would handle them with a rake, and walk them out
to the field, making sure the kids knew the value that snakes provide to
the planet.  My daughter and I will handle them, and take them out of the
chicken house when they get in there, to keep them from eating the eggs.
Our son usually calls one of us.  He is not fond of them, but would not
hurt them.

Another way to look at this is, if the girl came in and said
" I'm afraid of children, I don't like them" would anyone
lock their children away?  I seriously doubt it.  Dogs deserve some
respect!   I.M.O.  Cindy

Cindy Henke
clhenke@juno.com
Ennis, Texas