Re: [pyrnet] pyr language. (long)

My rule of thumb is (as it is with any undesirable conduct) -  and it takes a
certain amount of diligence at first, to replace the barking, in this
instance, with an alternative, preferred behavior.  i.e.  when the dog is
barking, don't just yell at it to stop, but actually replace that activity
with a positive one.  When Bobo first came, he barked all the time,
especially at the gate when I let them out.
I would go out there every time and brush him, or engage him in some other
activity, and he would always stop barking.  Now, after several weeks of
catching him at the outset and replacing the behavior, I can tell him "quiet"
or "enough" and he will stop.  I have not been successful at ending any kind
of undesirable behavior without replacing it with a positive one.
Good luck.
Lisa, Bobo, et. al.