Re: [pyrnet] HELP -- Need fencing advice

Sherry,
I live in suburbia with an extremely big yard, but otherwise close to
neighbors because they have very small yards.
Keeping the pyrs home and safe was a big issue.  What has worked for me is a
regular six foot wood fence with extra locks on the gates around the
backyard.  Then around the back of the house, there is a dog pen that is
extremely dog proof.  That pen is about 500 sq ft large.  It is an irregular
shape.  It is 40 feet long and either 20 feet or 10 feet wide.  When I
cannot supervise, the dogs are in the dog pen.  Then when I can watch or go
check regularly, they are in the yard. They could get out of the yard any
time they decided to, either by digging or knocking the flimsy fence over.
But they are happy to enjoy it and explore it instead.  Before I got the dog
pen, they went out the gates three times and were lost for as much as an
hour.  It was very scary for me.

Just in case they get out, don't forget to get your new tags with phone
numbers for your new place.  Some people microchip the dogs as well.

I hope you enjoy your new home.  My pyrs love living in the house, maybe
yours will too. (We'll have to talk vacuum cleaners!)  The only exception
are those rare Houston days when the humidity is below 80 percent.

Sandy White
Texas Gulf Coast