RE: [pyrnet] The Pyr Alarm Clock

The temperature here in NM dropped to a very low 19 last night.  Reading this story is the warmest I have been all day.

I have two dog-fearing cats, so my dogs are not permitted in the master bedroom (ok, the truth is, I have a 15 and a 22 pound cat, and Bern says that absolutely no more animals will be permitted to sleep on the bed, lest I run out of room for the husband!).  Our master bedroom door stays open, but has a baby-gate set 6" off the floor (one cat has begun coming out of the room in the last few months, and scolding the dogs if they are too boisterous near him. The other now sometimes lays on the floor, sticks her head out from under the gate and watches the goings on - getting braver).

My kittens (7 yrs old) snuggle - one between mom and the edge of the bed, one between mom and dad (that's after dad throws the 22 pound mouser off his chest <lol>).  Though not allowed on the living room sofa (at 70+# and 90+#,there'd be no room for people!) there are two other sofas they are allowed on.  Each sleeps on one - and my beauceron, who usually sleeps on the one in the room next to the master bedroom, wakes up a little before my alarm, and lays at the door to our room - when I get up, he stands up, putting his head just above the gate - within reach of petting <s> (let's face it - my pyr does not "get out of bed" til she hears breakfast <lol>).

one of the sofas is a futon, which folds out flat - my pyr likes to lay there with mom or dad and watch a movie with an arm thrown over her....

But I have to say, a pyr alarm clock sounds like about the nicest use of a dog anybody ever thought of <s>

Di

FREE Personalized Email at Mail.com