Re: [pyrnet] Leash training

In a message dated 12/07/2000 2:43:50 PM Eastern Standard Time,
nloechel@citiesandtowns.org writes:

<< Lilly is our 10 month old Pyr, (our second of the breed), and we have been
unable to get her even CLOSE to a leash, much less trained. >>

Hi Nora,
    Hope that is a good guess, you didn't sign your EMAIL. Did you think
about having the trainer coming to her? In CT, there are a couple trainers
that will make house calls. It is not cheap, but maybe as a short-term, till
you can get her to the class solution, it might help. Have you tried taking
it in steps, it sounds as though she is not accustomed to wearing a collar.
Maybe you could get her used to that before going on to the leash. Don't be
too quick to take it off when she starts to act up.

Good Luck,
Elaine and Pico