[pyrnet] Leash training

Ok, I'm desperate.

Lilly is our 10 month old Pyr, (our second of the breed), and we have been unable to get her even CLOSE to a leash, much less trained. Ok, as with most dog problems, I take blame for a majority of this. Soon after we purchased Lilly, my parents' health went down drastically and I was thrown into that, followed a few months later by a funeral, selling the house...blah blah. Well, as you can guess, any time for training lovely Lilly was spent elsewhere. I'm coming back around to myself and my life now, and would like to do something about this. Right now she can't participate with the family because she isn't leash trained.

When we put a collar on her, (like when she eats, letting the leash dangle, trying to make a positive), she begins to yelp like mad! Really gets crazy, rubbing her head around, rolling and yelling like she's being tortured. It's the craziest thing you've ever seen. We've tried different leashes. I'm beginning to think she is claustrophobic or something. I can't even sign up for training classes because not only can we not get a leash on, but she won't go into a vehicle. (That's really something, too.) We have been very gentle with her, and knew the breeder was as well with his pups and their parents.

I think one component has been that the training has been inconsistent, understandable, my husband claims, considering our year.

any suggestions, or do I need Dr. Doggy, psychotherapist? i want to keep her, but this has got to change. I'm willing to work at, and have some time now, but need some guidance.

any help appreciated.