Re: [pyrnet] TRAINING: anticipating the correction

<< > He has learned to anticipate this and he now watches me to
 > see when I am ready to give the correction so that he can jump in the
 > direction I am pulling. He then stays right next to me, so I don't get a
 > second chance.  >>

Pyrs are so smart!  You have think work really hard to stay ahead of some of
them.  You need to "set him up".  Go to a place (such as a park) where you
can train him, and put out lots of tasty tidbits - it is important that you
know where they are since that is your advantage.  Then go get him and heel
him past these spots.  Make sure you don't have too much slack in the leash.
If he lunges for one of them, you can always just do a quick right or about
turn, or you can speed up very quickly and zoom past it... it he chooses to
dive for the tidbit, then he is going to correct himself.  That prevents you
from being the "bad" guy.  He had a decision to make, with consequences, and
he can do right or wrong.   He will figure it out quick enough!

Good luck!
Peggy