Re(2): [pyrnet] higher in the rear?

Bonnie, I don't remember how old Sophie is, and others on the list
probably have more experience with this than I do, but it could be that
she's challenging Bear for the alpha position--feels confident (and big)
enough now to do that. Paddington was a very dominant puppy and we were
warned that he'd keep trying us periodically, which he surely did through
about 3 years of age. He was a year and a half when we introduced Shelley,
an adult 4 year old female into the household and he never tried anything
with her--no one did! She had been boss bitch of her kennel before she
retired as show champion/momma, and could put a rambunctious youngster in
place with a glare or slight curl of the lip.
I don't know what to suggest to you, but if Bear is getting hurt you
probably don't want to sit back and let them work it out.
Ann, Peg, Paddington and Ivy Rose