Re: [pyrnet] Strangeness

 Joe,
    I have to agree with you about Pyrs and vision problems.  We have known a lot of Pyrs that really didn't seem to see very well.  This was particularly noticeable when I was trying to get my dogs to retrieve a dumbell.  If I threw the dumbell too far away they couldn't seem to find it.  Jack will often wear a hat or big coat when approaching our dogs and they will all start barking until he gets up close.  Years ago there seemed to be number of dogs in our area with similar pedigrees that did not like things over their heads, i.e. a cabinet opening over their head, tents, fans, etc.
    I do think that there are some dogs that are more aware of their surroundings than others.  A long-time breeder used to refer to dogs like  that as "sight-sound sensitive"
Charlotte

JGentzel@aol.com wrote:

In a message dated 12/16/00 10:51:25 AM Pacific Standard Time,