Re: [pyrnet] scaredy Pyr???

On 17 Dec 00, at 7:03, JGentzel@aol.com wrote:

> Some of this could be a stage.  Dogs pass through stages that can come out
> as fear.  Maybe someone with more knowledge of the stages could let you
> know if 13 months is a potential stage.

In my very limited experience the *sound stage* can be any where from
6-11 months.  My old girl became very sound sensitive at 7 months and
now my 10 month old puppy thinks someone talking over a PA system is
the bogyman man.  LOL, he even saw one of those fat, singing Santa
dolls that do the twist and reacted to that. The only thing my Kazak
reacted to were gas meters at about 6 months. Boy was that a big
green monster.  I listened carefully and gas meters do make a low
hissing sound. This stage usually does not last too long, but can
they be silly while going through it.  A long time breeder suggested
an easy preliminary eye test.  Stand about 3 feet in front of the dog
holding a dog biscuit and move the biscuit from side to side in front
of you and observe if the dog is tracking the biscuit with it's eyes.

Judith
jsmiller@newmex.com
Taos, New Mexico
http://members.aol.com/greatpyrenees/judys/judy.htm