Re: [pyrnet] Alaskan Malamutes and Pyrs?

Katie,  the Mal. should be no big problem.  They are one of those breeds
that must work within a group and are more dog social with each other.  I
would imagine he should have good dog social skills. People tend to think
of Mals as very wolf like.  They are very social "dogs."   Since they are
both neutered I can't see any big conflicts beyond just being cautious as
you would with any two strange dogs.  If your male is reserved he might
find the Mal. confusingly social at first.  Just go slow with them. Don't
make your own jealous, try to keep the first meeting more neutral.

I would think that in time your male Pyr. will find it is kinda nice
having someone his own size to play with! :-)

Cindy

Cindy Henke
clhenke@juno.com
Ennis, Texas