Re: [pyrnet] Information

Peggy, Doxie's are great little dogs.  One of my friends have five of
them.  My cousins used to raise them.  We rescued and kept one till it
could be placed.

They are tough by nature ( had to be to go in those holes for critters,
face first! ), very easy to train, and very protective of their people.
They like the creature comforts, blankets and couches and sliding under
the covers at night.  Love to travel and be with their people.
Actually good lap dogs ( or sit next to you types ).  Their backs are a
weak point, and care should be taken.  Also keeping their weight down to
help their backs.  It helps if you can keep them from too much jumping up
and down, but that isn't always easy.  They have good deep barks for
their size and are very good watch dogs.

Hope this helps a little!  Cindy

Cindy Henke
clhenke@juno.com
Ennis, Texas