Re: [pyrnet] LGD's

<< The question I have is the almost "fanatical" response to anyone who is
not a
> professional breeder. (I wish that I could dedicate my life like that) If
> someone is a responsible "hobby" breeder", what's the problem? I'm not out
> to make a buck, but believe a female that has been breed at least once
turns
> out to be a better mannered, mature dog.

Sorry, but the idea that a female has to be bred is one of those "doghouse
legends" (doggie world equivalent of urban legends) that people come up
with.  We have known personally four females that had all been spayed prior
to ever having a litter, and they have all been well mannered, and healthy
mature dogs.  There is nothing wrong with wanting to breed your girl -- if
she will contribute something positive to the breed.  However, many people
breed for the wrong reasons.

--- Robyn Allwright
--- ziffanyrobyn@earthlink.net
--- Ziffany Gr