Re: [pyrnet] Recessives and carriers

In a message dated 12/21/00 9:58:05 AM Pacific Standard Time,
lmweisser@olywa.net writes:

.  Do you know (I'm sure you do) how many Pyrs are descended from
Klumbo?  Even if we take only the ones he sired, the numbers are amazing.
And 50% of those are carriers.

I do not disagree with this, but name one dwarf from his brother, also used
extensively?  I never have known of one.  Again the use extensively of any
affected animal is very detrimental.  But that cow is out of the barn
already.  Now lets not call all the cows the same,but use science not
presemption and assumption on such a broad sweeping scale.  Probabulity will
work in the end if applied to the group and not abused.

Joe