Re: [pyrnet] jumping

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alison Watkins" <amwat@hotmail.com>
To: <pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org>
Sent: Friday, December 22, 2000 9:21 PM
Subject: [pyrnet] jumping

> My exuberant and people-loving 18-month-old female Rosie has not learned
not
> to jump on people. We've tried the basic methods we learned in obedience
> class, twisting the body, kneeing her when she jumps, but she doesn't
> experience these as corrections. Any advice?
>
> Thank you,
> Alison Watkins

One of my foster dogs had a real problem with jumping on people. I broke him
of it in three weeks. When he would jump up I would back quickly away so he
could not make contact with me. I would then wait for his front paws to hit
the ground and then would grab him by the scruff of his neck, would give him
a firm shake, and would growl at him ( speaking very harshly in a low tone
of voice). This worked with Rocky, my foster dog. Maybe it would work with
Rosie.
Marie and Beau