Re: [pyrnet] Now dwarfism - (sorry long)

----- Original Message -----
From: <M3A4E5@aol.com>

I respectfully submit that anyone who aspires to the title of "ETHICAL
BREEDER," and all that the title infers, should routinely test for all
Breed
Specific health problems. Otherwise the title of "ETHICAL BREEDER" will be
reduced to nothing more that an advertising gimmick.>>

That works as long as we have a good list of what are "Breed Specific
health problems".  Do you have a proposed list?  Actually since there are
no health problems that are specific only to Pyrs we should probably have a
list of genetic problems that occur frequently in Pyrs.  Then we need to
define "frequently".  And then what do we do about those often devastating
problems for which there are no tests.  Epilepsy comes immediately to mind.
What does you ideal ETHICAL BREEDER do about epilepsy?

Linda