[pyrnet] Jumping and Play

I have a question related to the one Alison asked about her young Pry jumping.

My 21-month-old, Athena, is by no means a problem jumper. But on those rare
occasions when she gets excited enough to want to play, her one form of
expression is to rush at me and jump up and down, sometimes bumping my legs
or hips. (It's not the paws-on-your-chest kind of jumping, but more like a
body block.) She sometimes does this, seemingly out of sheer exuberance,
when we're out on walks.

My question isn't how to stop her, but whether I should. On one hand, it's
a little scary -- don't want to get knocked over! Also, though she's a very
docile, sweet-natured, obedient girl, this feels like dominance behavior,
which I wouldn't want to encourage. On the other hand -- it's so wonderful
to see her playing that I hate to restrain her.

Do I just have to get tough here and say no? Or is there some other way to
channel her play energy? Like most Pyrs, she has no interest in games or toys.

Help appreciated.

P.S. Some of you gave me pointers last month on how to trace Athena's
origins. I now know the town she was rescued in (thanks to Diana B. who
pointed me toward the state police!) and have the name of a man involved in
her rescue. I'm told he may know a lot about her background. Now I've just
got to find *him*.

Happy holidays, all!

Claire, Athena, Jasmine & Shera