Re: [pyrnet] Now dwarfism - (sorry long)

In a message dated 12/22/00 5:18:52 PM Eastern Standard Time,
lmweisser@olywa.net writes:

<< This is all very interesting but it is difficult to convince a breeder to
 do certain tests when those conditions have never been a problem in her
 line.  I have not bred nor owned a dog who had any problems resulting from
 low thyroid so it would be hard to convince me to test routinely.

 I would like at this p >>

I respectfully submit that anyone who aspires to the title of "ETHICAL
BREEDER," and all that the title infers, should routinely test for all Breed
Specific health problems. Otherwise the title of "ETHICAL BREEDER" will be
reduced to nothing more that an advertising gimmick.

Terry