Re: [pyrnet] Luxating patellas and other problems

My potential breeding stock was check for hip and elbow
dysplasia, (although I was asked why I checked elbows as it was
not a problem) Thyroid checked (through the Michigan Lab) and
heart checked (although at the time, this was not considered a
problem in the breed.)  Also cleared patellas but I'm not sure
that there was a registry for them at that time. Unfortunately,
at that time, I did not know about the GDC, but now I do and when
the time comes to check the next dog or bitch, I'll be using
them, potential breeding stock or not.

Barb Bowes
Bo & Chelsea (Pyrs), Flopsy (Pyr Shep) & Machin (Doxie)
bamb@monmouth.com