Re: [pyrnet] Luxating patellas and other problems

In a message dated 12/24/00 5:13:09 AM Pacific Standard Time,
lmweisser@olywa.net writes:

.  Better yet, if it was published, I would like a direct quote.
Otherwise, is it not all "hearsay"??

Thank you ever so much for asking for documentation. I agree, just on my word
alone, it would be hearsay. I reported it in my prior post this was published
in the International Great Pyrenees Review.

The Symposium was held October 14, 1977, Sponsored by the National Capital
Great Pyrenees Club.  Panelists were:

Mary Crane, Basquaerie
Paul Strang, Castellan
Frances Glover, Barqueill
Robert Brown, DVM, Starlaxy

DR Brown says:

"Chondroplasia is basically a Dwarfism complex.  I have seen one or two
Pyrenees that have had what I would classify as Chondroplasia and they indeed
had patellar luxation.  As far as I'm concerned, the patellar luxation that
these particular animals showed was not the biggest problem that they had."

My hope (prayer) is that all of you who believe these little dogs are normal
except just short will start reading objective information and look closely
at the sources and credentials of the source of the information.  IMHO, you
have your head in the sand to ignore the really credible information that is
out there.  It is there if you choose to look at it and objectively consider
same.

Joe