Re: [pyrnet] Pyrs without Dwarf producing ancestors

Thanks Kerry,

I really appreciate this information.  If Linda or someone else from the
Health Committee will send me a list of known or suspected Dwarf carriers
privately, I will check the pedigree.  I will not discuss the name of any dog
referenced as a known or suspected carrier, but will number them and
reference them only by my internal numbering order, so it should not upset
anyone.

A quick preliminary search shows  a carrier in the 6,8,9, and 10 generation
on the Paternal side and twice in the 8 and 5 times in the 10 on the maternal
side.  I really need as good a list as exists to do this correctly and it is
known with some degree of likehoold by the health committee.

The dog is strongly linebred on Rogue La Rue as he is the top gene
contributor from a homozygois perspective at 5.19% which is quite large.
Inbreeding coefficient of 15.04 which is overall moderately linebred as far
as Pyrs go in North America.

Joe