Re: [pyrnet] Pyrs without Dwarf producing ancestors

In a message dated 12/26/00 12:32:32 PM Pacific Standard Time,
SovreignPyrs@aol.com writes:

Welcome Sharon.  Nice post and glad to have someone with experience and
sucess with the problem even if it is another breed.  I know we will hear
soon enough that this is not Pyrs and they are different, but I guess the
handleing of many of these similar problems could be the same.

Did the fancy have access to informaiton about carriers, especially studs,
that they could use in planning?  Did they have a way of calculating
probability as this is essentially what you reference along with test
breeding?  Is the condition Autosomal recessive in Beagles?

Thanks for the post and it is good to have a fresh perspective form one with
some relevent sucessful experience from another breed.  For those of you who
do not know Sharon, she is from Bradendon Fla and organized a Pyr seminar put
on down there on the Fla Circuit couple years ago that Whit Coombs held.

Joe

Again I know its
in back of our top producers and have always figured my risk going in to
any
breeding.