Re: [pyrnet] Pyrs without Dwarf producing ancestors

----- Original Message -----
From: <JGentzel@aol.com>

 I know we will hear
soon enough that this is not Pyrs and they are different, but I guess the
handleing of many of these similar problems could be the same.  >>

Well, surprise, surprise, Joe, the beagle breeders have been working with
Mark Neff the same researcher who has offered to work on a Pyr marker.  And
I spoke at some length with a Beale person in OR who is deeply involved in
the marker work, and she sent me some background paperwork.  And, yes, it
is a different thing than we see in Pyrs, but what does that have to do
with it?  As long as it's simple recessive.

You see, we are not all standing around like ostriches with our heads in
the sand doing nothing.  If you had ever volunteered to Tami or the
committee to work on this problem, to create the pedigrees that you are so
anxious to do or something else, you might actually know what has been done
to this point.  Frankly (and this is not addressed only to Joe) I get
really tired of people who have plenty of public opinions and/or
criticisms, but have never stepped up to the plate and volunteered to do a
lick of real work.  And this applies not just to the health committee but
to all the work of the GPCA and the regional affiliated clubs.

Linda