Re: [pyrnet] Pyrs without Dwarf producing ancestors

----- Original Message -----
From: <JGentzel@aol.com>

In a message dated 12/27/00 4:34:45 AM Pacific Standard Time,
lmweisser@olywa.net writes:

> Oh boy!!  I am with you here.  This is basically the open registry
concept.
> Yet we don't even see people using the GDC.  Curious.

So because people choose another registry like OFA or CERF, this has
something to do with why we cannot approach information being made
available
within the breed? Indeed curious!  >>

Do you just *try* to be contentious or is it me?  I said nothing in
criticism of people who choose other registries.  I was simply responding
to your legitimate concern about how "useless" information is if it can't
be retrieved, by saying that GDC is about the only official place in which
such information would be retrievable.  I also said nothing about
approaching information that exists within the breed.  However, I would
comment that all the information that exists within a breed can be lost in
a nano second if people die, if people "in chatge" change, if the "mood" of
the breed changes.  The advantage of having the information in a formal
retrievable open registry is that it will contine to be there without
"favor".

Linda