Re: [pyrnet] Pyrs without Dwarf producing ancestors

----- Original Message -----
From: <JGentzel@aol.com>

I think anyone who looks at it closely pretty well knows and what harm does
it do anyone to put the informaiton out there and simple put a qualifier on
it as you just did? >>

Surely not much harm from me personally.  However, we have had several
cases in which some "helpful" person has taken it upon herself to "inform"
all kinds of other people that they have dwarf carriers in their pedigrees
without any of the qualifying information that it takes to understand what
that really means.  I do think that it is a bit more complex then simply
attaching a qualifying "rider" to any list.  You can for example see in
Kathy's pedigrees that she has Bruno.  What you cannot see from the
pedigree is the test breeding that laid to rest the possibility that that
Bruno connection was a carrier.  How can that be accounted for in a simple
public list and who takes responsiblity for the ships sunk by "loose lips"?
It really is an issue.

<<I would say the same thing about Wooden Nickle and Chief (Beau his litter
brother)  although the evidence is not as great with either of these.  >>

I think that we could say this but I also think that we need always to
remember that you, and I and some few others have much greater pedigree
knowledge than the "average" and a much longer time in the breed absorbing
both truth and rumor and trying to make sense of it.

Linda