Re: [pyrnet] Dew Claws

    I don't know for sure but I'd say that in a Pyr it isn't what I'd call recessive.  I've seen Pyr mixes before (mixed with breeds without any back dew claws) and most of the mixes had the double dew claws, the ones that didn't had singles in back and of course the front single dew claws.
    Are you saying the Pyr standard states it's recessive or the Beauceron standard?
    While we're on the subject of dew claws, I'd like to ask everyone what they think about the following.  My oldest male Pyr {entirely purebred :) } naturally has his front single dew claws and back double dews but on his back left foot (I think it is....maybe his right) he has an extra, very small nail.  Not an extra third toe on the doubles, just a tiny extra nail on one of the double toes.  He also passes this on to about half of his offspring.  Any thoughts?

Chrissy