Re: [pyrnet] Rescue Me- poem & snow

I don't know what your name is.  Have you been on the list for a while?
While there can be a lot of discussion on technical subjects that don't
really interest me either, there is also a lot of discussion on the loves
of our lives and the cute things they've done.

I just saw the poem a few minutes ago.  It was very touching and brought
to mind the dogs I've rescued over the years, one who had been a stray in
NYC with experiences that made her hate certain groups of people and all
men until she met my father, whom she followed around adoringly from that
day on, and another who had been abused and then abandoned before we got
her and showed her appreciation and devotion every day of her life.

Anais (almost two) is my first Pyr and was not a rescue.  I adore her.
She came from Colorado at 10 weeks old in April, having been surrounded
by snow for all of her 10 weeks of life and arrived in a snow-free NJ
when she got off the plane.  It was obvious that the environment took
getting used to but she took it in stride, as she has done with
everything.  The first snow of last winter brought such enthusiasm out of
her that it was clear that she was thinking that the world was finally
back to normal.  I just let them out in the snow for the first time this
year at about 6:30 with a few inches of snow already on the ground and
heavy snowfall continuing.  She forgot that she had to go and began
dashing around madly in the snow.  It seemed as if she was playing catch
with something but realizing that there was nothing that she could be
playing with, it dawned on me that she was trying to catch the snow in
her mouth, jumping straight up  at the sky to reach the falling
snowflakes.  I wish I could have gotten a picture of it.  I guess I'll
have the whole day to try.

These are the most magical, magnificent dogs in the world!  Share your
stories about Bear.  I'm sure that others will join in.

Stephanie, Anais (Pyr) & Ciaran (Wolfhound)