Re: [pyrnet] New Puppy (was Rescue Me- poem)

Barb brought up another very good point, embarrassed to say, I didn't
even pay attention to the actual dates.  This is true of all breeds and
especially true of the large to giants, because the bigger they are the
slower they mature.

Plus dogs learn a lot from each other and some of the problems we see
later on in life is due to being removed from their Mom and siblings too
soon.  A lot of people complain about their dogs being too rough at play
or mouthing and biting too much.  When pups are with each other longer
they learn the social graces earlier.  If you bite too hard or play too
hard, everyone will stop playing with you, and that's no fun.  Learn to
play nice, and you will always have someone to play with.  There are lots
of skills, and mental health reasons for staying with your family longer.
 The bigger the breed, the longer they need to be with their own.  We
never let the Mastiffs go till 12 weeks.  A lot of people didn't like 42
lb. puppies, but they were still pups and emotional babes!  Good pickup
Barb.
Cindy

Cindy Henke
clhenke@juno.com