Re: [pyrnet] Pyrs without Dwarf producing ancestors

As a total dog novice with no breeding background (so
perhaps an unbiased ear for all that has been said),
it seems that this situation doesn't have to be as
difficult as it has been made out to be.

It appears that several other breeds with this genetic
problem -- Beagles and Malamutes, for example --  have
created a successful and professional system for
addressing the issue of dwarfism. To me, the obvious
answer to what the GPCA should do is appoint an ad hoc
comittee (with a diverse make up) to look into
instituting a similar system within our breed.

Katie

=====
Katie Allison Granju~
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/067102762X/o/qid=975942253/sr=8-1/ref=aps_sr_b_1_3/106-2514955-1454844