Re: [pyrnet] Pyrs without Dwarf producing ancestors

----- Original Message -----
From: "Linda Weisser" <lmweisser@olywa.net>
To: <pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org>
Sent: Sunday, December 31, 2000 7:00 AM
Subject: Re: [pyrnet] Pyrs without Dwarf producing ancestors

Yes the work is being done at MI. The Mal club first went about raising the
funds to do this work. Then they collected samples. The big hold up was
finding the right combination of breeding(ie known carrier to known carrier)
This has to my knowledge been completed. I know the carrier to carrier
produced 16 puppies 13 survivors. They are not old enough to give samples
yet but should very soon. As soon as they are old enough to x-ray then the
samples become very valuable as this litter should have dwarfs, and carriers
.
My understanding is the ground work has been done and now the serious work
is about to begin. The collecting of samples etc has been going on for
approximately 5 to 6 years. The big problem we had was finding the known
carriers etc. and our dwarf population was extremely small. I believe we
will soon have a marker found and a test. I have to believe the glass is
half full not half empty.
Marie