Re: [pyrnet] Pyrs without Dwarf producing ancestors

Sharon wrote: <<.   For example who is
the top producer really? The dog who is bred to 20 bitches in a
calendar year, and 10 finish.  Or the dog who sires two litters
and all of them finish?  >>

You know, Sharon, a friend and I were just talking about this
very thing just the other day in the context of HOF points for
Top Producers. Who is the better dog, the one who was bred 70 or
80 times, or the one that was bred selectively and made it into
the HOF. Although, neither dog may be right for that particular
bitch that one is breeding, I would tend to be more interested
in, and take a closer look at, the dog who produced far less pups
to achieve the same status. But then, there are lots of variables
here as well.

Barb Bowes
Bo & Chelsea (Pyrs), Flopsy (Pyr Shep) & Machin (Doxie)
bamb@monmouth.com