Re: [pyrnet] Re:Fence/People

----- Original Message -----
From: <clhenke@juno.com>
To: <pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org>
Sent: Saturday, December 30, 2000 9:39 PM
Subject: Re: [pyrnet] Re:Fence/People

> I've never had the problem you have had with being out in public and
> people seeming to think the dogs were going to eat children,

People are so strange! I guess I am lucky in that most of my neighbors have
dogs of their own. So barking doesn't bother them. Their dogs bark more than
mine half the time. And the only person who is intimidated by Beau is the
new neighbor across the street. She is very nervous about his sheer size (he
is unusually tall for the breed). But her two kids just adore Beau and are
not afraid of him in the least. And luckily she does believe that he is a
gentle dog. And doesn't try to make her kids afraid of Beau.

> Normally a four foot fence won't stop a Pyr. on the move, but the
> invisible fencing combined with the fence may work to break the momentum
> of the forward movement.

When I responded about the invisible fencing not being adequate for a pyr I
was not aware that you also have 4 foot chainlink. Is Boone a fence jumper?
Some of them can be accomplished escape artists. The two together should
slow him down if nothing else. I have a 4 foot chainlink fence. It works
very well with Beau. He loves us so much that he never wants to be far from
us. Even when I am out in the yard with him and the gate is open he never
strays far from my side. I of course never leave the gate open when he is in
the yard by himself. You can never tell when something may catch his
attention. Better safe than sorry is my motto.
Marie and Beau