Re: [pyrnet] Re:Fence/People

Cari, believe me, I know only too well how people can be.   I have had
family accuse me of being a bad Mother, and have been told that I could
easily get rid of the animals and simply buy others ( this was during a
period of tie when we moved around with work ).  My response was that my
children would be raised to understand that living things were not
disposable items ( I hate ads that say, Moving, must find a good home for
) and were more important than any inanimate object.

I've never had the problem you have had with being out in public and
people seeming to think the dogs were going to eat children, that is
really bizarre.  But these days I think some of the things people say to
each other is just plain rude anyway.  Don't fret, your doing more for
your kids by letting them learn and share life with another life form
than any of these people with the rude mouths ever will!
Stick to your guns, just tell them right back!

Normally a four foot fence won't stop a Pyr. on the move, but the
invisible fencing combined with the fence may work to break the momentum
of the forward movement.
Probably a decent solution for what you have at hand.  Just remember,
Pyrs. can be a bull headed lot, so keep your eye on it, to be on the safe
side.

Good Luck, and hang tough!  Seems like there are a lot of folks out there
that engage their mouths without checking with their brains first.  I
can't believe they talk to you that way out in public...wow!  :-)  Cindy

Cindy Henke
clhenke@juno.com
Ennis, Texas

in the dog."  ~ Franz Kafka