Re: [pyrnet] Dwarf/dwarf breedings.

----- Original Message -----
From: <JGentzel@aol.com>

<<the thing I remembered is its
owner was not ready to acknowledge that the dog was a dwarf as it looked so
normal, but had been diagnosed as such. >>

Addenda.  It is the owner of his *sire* that is not ready to acknowledge
anything.  Or, at the very least, she is very, very conflicted about it.
It is a hard thing to accept when the dog looks relatively "normal"
compared to what you "know" about Pyr dwarfs.  If you are really vested in
believing (hoping?) that your stud dog is not a carrier, it will take a lot
of information to convince you in the face of a 26" "dwarf".

And, to be honest, as long as this dog does look so "normal" I think that
there is this shadow of doubt in everyone's mind.  I just know that Mike
and I live on the assumption that he is indeed a dwarf.  The radioography
shows that.  Is he the same "kind" of dwarf that we are accustomed to
seeing?  We just don't know that.  He is actually more similar to many Mal
dwarfs than are our typical 13", 35 pounders.

Linda